Music department ends on a high note with centennial spring concert, senior night ceremony

• The soon-to-be graduates pose with music director Kyoko Yamamoto after the centennial Spring Concert and senior night ceremony.

• AP Calculus and Leadership teacher Erik Bennett brings his clarinet talent to the wind ensemble.

• The wind ensemble demonstrates their year-long progress through three songs: the “Wishing Well,” “Danzon no. 2” and “Stars and Stripes.”

• Junior William Kwok plays tuba as they come to a finish on “Wishing Well.”

• Senior Gabriel Lin plucks the strings of his double bass as he follows Yamamoto’s conducting.

• Sophomore Ryan Frank plays his trombone as they close out on the finishing notes of “Tangled.”

• Freshman Lucinda Kendall joins in with her fellow trumpet players for the jazz ensemble’s final song.

• Sophomore Sankar Prathikanti focuses intently as he plays the oboe.

• The concert band performs renditions of the “Star Wars” theme song, a favorite among the ensemble members.

• Freshman Ben Sakal plays the tuba in the concert band ensemble, performing well despite his injured arm.

• Senior Lara Ryzhikova sings her solo in the advanced All-State Ensemble piece “Erase Me,” a challenging song that the choristers decided to take on earlier this year.

• Music director Kyoko Yamamoto gives a shoutout to senior Clara Zhong, reminiscing about the piano lessons she gave Zhong in elementary school.

• Freshman Nick Koomey and senior Harrison Baytan sing the jazz standard “Misty” by Erroll Garner, a piece honed through months of practice.

• Jazz ensemble member Lucas Keeley plays the trombone during the final song of their performance.

• Freshman and All-State chorister Alona Savella sings her solo in the song “Erase Me.”