Favorite Genre of Music Poll

Ethan Gardner, Sports Editor

Walking through the halls at Burlingame, it is almost impossible not to find someone listening to music. Between headphones, earbuds and airpods, Burlingame students are always plugged in. Curious about what types of music Burlingame students like to listen to, the Burlingame B conducted a poll to determine what genres are the most popular among students. Of the 217 responses received, 30.9 percent listened to rap and hip-hop, making it the number one genre for Burlingame students.

“I like rap because I can identify with most of the things they are saying,” one response said.

Another student responded, “[Rap is] fun to listen to with my friends and while driving” and that it is “very upbeat and [has] good vibes”.

Pop follows shortly behind rap and hip-hop, as 24 percent of students marked it as their first choice in music.

“Pop helps me relax, and it is usually something I listen to alone,” one student said.

Alternative rock, with 16.6 percent of the vote, is the third-most popular genre of music at Burlingame. Additionally, 42.9 percent of students at Burlingame prefer music from the 2000s, or modern music. People also expressed interest in music from the ‘80s, as 15.2 percent of students marked it as their first-choice decade of music. Although several genres were not included in the poll itself, many students added their own genres, including indie, soul, folk and more.