• March 12BHS track hosts it's first meet on 3/13

• March 12BHS Boys Lacrosse vs MA @ Main Field 7:00 PM on 3/19

Burlingame swim team high and dry with ongoing pool construction

Wesley Chen, Staff Reporter

The Burlingame swim team now conducts practices at Aragon’s pool due to the ongoing construction at the Burlingame pool. This has proven both difficult and demanding for many students, especially those who relied on having the team pool right next to Burlingame for ease of transportation. However, some members of the team remain optimistic and look at the positive aspects of pool construction.

“I am excited for the relationship between the varsity and J.V. teams,” varsity swimmer and senior Sylvia Berterretche said. “I expect that we will become much more of a singular unit this season as we are all practicing together at one time.”

In previous years, varsity and junior varsity would practice at different times, resulting in less interaction between the two teams. Only at the weekly swim meets would the teams compete together.

The original plan for pool construction was supposed to have finished long before the swim season started. But at the rate pool construction is occurring, Berterretche is not sure whether the pool will be finished in time for next year’s season.

“I don’t think the pool will be finished by next year, but hopefully the aquatic programs will be able to practice at other schools in the district,” Berterretche said.

Despite this difficulty, Berterretche is confident the team will have a successful season.

About the Writer
Wesley Chen, Staff Reporter

Wesley Chen is a senior in his first year of Journalism. He enjoys programming and working with computers in general. He hopes to go to university majoring...