Natalie Gyde

Chemistry teacher Micheal Wu brings new perspective to Burlingame

Michael Wu

New to the science department, Micheal Wu didn’t take a traditional path to education. After years of pursuing medicine, Wu realized teaching was what he really wanted to do.

“After graduating college, I was on the pre-med route,” Wu said. “I noticed that doing my work in medicine, you know, I didn’t mind it, but I didn’t love it.” 

Once Wu gained his teaching credentials, he knew that education was the job for him.

“I finally was able to look at myself in the mirror and say, ‘[teaching] is what you want to do, and it’s okay to want to do it.’” 

Although he first taught geometry at Aragon High School, Wu knew that he would be more comfortable in a science position, leading him to Burlingame. Scoring a job at Burlingame can be a challenge, but Wu feels like the perfect fit for this community.

“I think trying to get into this district, trying to get into Burlingame as a teacher is very difficult,” Wu said. “And for me being not as experienced, I feel tremendously lucky to be here.” 

Heading into his first year of teaching chemistry, Wu could not be more happy and excited to see what Burlingame and its hard-working students have to offer.

“Overall, the community has just been so welcoming and supportive. It’s very difficult not to want to be here,” Wu said. 

The Burlingame B • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$575
$1000