Caitlin Kall

December 12, 2022

Kall’s outfits prove that she values comfort but would never shy away from unconventional pieces of clothing. (Ruby Rosenquist)

Junior Caitlin Kall, a dedicated student and amazing performer, always puts 100% into her looks, often showing up to school “fashionably” late. 

Kall’s outfits prove that she values comfort but would never shy away from unconventional pieces of clothing. 

“I would never wear something that looks super pretty but that I can’t sit down in,” Kall said. “At the same time, if I do work in pajamas I would probably doze off.”

According to Kall, confidence is key. Whenever she goes out to dinner with her friends, she makes sure to look at her best. She emphasized that her friends are very important to her and being distracted because of a wardrobe malfunction could ruin the time they spend together.  

“[My friends] and I have very contrasting styles and personalities,” Kall said. “They have a major influence on my style and help me feel confident.”

Not only does her social life at school impact what she wears but celebrities do too. Kall’s main inspiration is Matilda Djerf, a Swedish model and social media influencer whose style mimics that of the 1990s. 

“[Djerf’s] style is super classy yet perfect for the work environment,” Kall said. “I like older stuff from previous decades as opposed to stuff that is trendy now.”

She finds her clothes at Hillsdale mall or at thrift stores in San Mateo. Kall prefers to go to these places over popular name brand stores because she can find clothing that truly speaks to her.

“I definitely dress according to the season but I find that pink is one color that I wear the most,” Kall said. “I try to stay away from certain colors that don’t compliment my skin tone and opt for things that make me feel good about myself.”