Boys’ Volleyball

February 28, 2023

Sophomore Reiter Madden (left) and junior Brody Kelley (right) prepare to receive the ball during a match play drill in practice on Thursday, Feb. 23. (Arshia Chakravartti)

With varsity lineups finalized and a month of practice under their belt, the boys’ volleyball team has begun preparations for the league season, which will begin in mid-March. 

And despite losing two varsity stars,  Lucas Kleinheinz and Justin Guo, last year, the program is still looking strong. 

Head coach Lawrence Ngai is guiding the team through technical drills and match plays so that the Panthers can be ready for the season ahead. Some players that are forecasted to stand out this season are senior and captain Jacob Ngai, sophomore Reiter Madden and junior Erazem Mattick, Ngai said. 

This season, the Panthers are competing in the upper PAL Bay Division and will participate in their first set of scrimmages throughout the first two weeks of March. The first official league opener is scheduled to take place on March 22 — from there, the Panthers will set their sights on the CCS championships.