Girls basketball makes it to quarterfinals

Brianna Grossman pushes past an El Camino defender at their second CCS game on Feb. 22 at Burlingame.

Allison Cohen, Business Manager

With a winning record, a Central Coast Section (CCS) girls division III basketball championship run, and incorporation of lots of new talent, girls varsity basketball ended their season on a high note. They finished with a record of 14-7. After a long season of hard work, they lost to Live Oak in the quarterfinals CCS game.

Senior Brianna Grossman is graduating this year, after playing basketball at Burlingame for four years. She expressed gratitude and looked back fondly at her time on the team.

“In high school in general…it’s been a really really good experience,” Grossman said. “Just like hanging out with my teammates at their house after practice and doing things on the weekends. Before every quad game we have team bonding at someone’s house, and we just like play the Wii or play Uno and it’s just a really good time.”

With nine seniors graduating from the team, many of whom have been playing on varsity for multiple years, the team is sure to experience some major changes next year. Luckily, the team also has five players who will not be graduating. With three freshmen, and one sophomore and junior respectively, the team will see lots of new talent in years to come.

“We have a lot of freshmen and a lot of seniors, whereas other years it was a more even split between seniors juniors and sophomores. I think that’s kind of been a challenge for us to be able to mix different skill levels. It’s been really fun kind of mentoring the underclassmen, but they’re also teaching us stuff at the same time, so it’s a good mix,” said Grossman.